Say "hi" to Melissa Ryan: a mother, empathetic "rebel," and restorer of HOPE. We love that immediately after hearing the mission of Nadege, she was ready and willing to restore hope in whatever way possible. Learn more about Melissa below and support her campaign here.
1. In FOUR words describe yourself.
I am a rebel.
2. What does hope mean to you?
Hope is a belief in a better tomorrow.
3. What has caused you to help restore hope in Haiti?
The thought of what the women there have gone through is unfathomable to me. I can't imagine being able to listen to any of their stories and NOT wanting to help, in ANY way possible! I think we all forget at times how good we have it here and we need to band together to make a difference.
4. Our theme for the Gala is Isaiah 61:3. How have you witnessed “beauty coming from ashes” in your own life or the lives of others?
I have seen two of my nephews start to grow into fantastic young men, while faced with every adversity you could imagine.
5. What is your hidden talent?
I couldn't figure this one out, so I asked my husband what he thought. He told me that my hidden talent is empathy. He also stated it is my biggest fault at times :)