1. In three words describe yourself.
Spunky, pet-friendly, vivacious!
2. What does hope mean to you?
To me, hope means to believe in something greater; that the best is yet to come.
3. What has caused you to help restore hope in Haiti?
My husband has been to Haiti twice to help with an organization that cares for the left behind children of Haiti. When we met, his passion for the children and the place he had once been caused me to long to go there some day. This past October, I went to Haiti to help those same children my husband once helped. While I was there, I fell in love with much more than just the children. I fell in love with the people, the culture, and the endless possibilities. I came home from Haiti with a burning desire to help the organization I fell in love with that provides children with a proper education, but also to help this new organization, Nadege, in any way that I could, so that Nadege could help as many Haitian women as possible.
4. Our theme for the Gala is Isaiah 61:3. How have you witnessed “beauty coming from ashes” in your own life or the lives of others?
Last year we had two sunflowers that I harvested too late so the seeds were rotten. I took down the flowers and threw them on my garden to decompose, and this year we have five beautiful and unplanned sunflowers in their place
5. What is your hidden talent?
I grow excellent kale.